This is so funny...I made this list and then went out to see if I could find a "how-to" for each one. Here are the ideas AND a link to the information on what to do if you want to take up that hobby! WOW!
|Dubai at Sunset. Travel could be on this list but that would be way to easy|
You know...back when the world was young...10 years ago. Blogging was just getting attention and we were not carrying iPhones or probably even an iPad. We did have a laptop and it traveled around the world with us.
Back then, retirement was very much in jeopardy. The economy was struggling. So, those people who retiring did not necessarily think of going to a desert island or to the South Pole. They were trying to figure out what they could do with what disposable cash they had.
The talk was all about "Hobbies" or turning a hobby into "A Second Job". That was when I came across a list of hobbies...100 of them. (100 Cheap Hobbies) That list made me laugh over and over because I kept going back to it for this blog about retirement.
I could make a hobby out of making a list of hobbies. Truly, there is no end to what might be of interest to people. I was thinking of some today.
- Dumpster diving...you never know what you may find.
- Finding stuff...I had a man tell me he "found" several hundred dollars worth of stuff every year. Here is a company that will take you one a scavenger hunt.
- Geocaching...this a hobby created by hiding stuff, leaving a link to the geographical location on a website. I have never done it but if you are into treasure hunts, you will love this.
- Collecting things...key, computers, watches, keys, buttons, etc. I am good with three of most things but I can see how a person could get obsessed. Top 10 Things to Collect
- Reading all mysteries one year and nothing but biographies the next. A challenge but still fun I think. Top 10 books for 2017 (Publisher's Weekly)
- Running...from or to somewhere I suppose. Or even just running in a circle. People love to run. How to Run Correctly
- Walking...more my speed. 10 Ways to Get the Most out of Walking
- Tracking your walking/running with charts and logs. Tracking Your Walks
- Photography...mix it up with telephoto lens catching the world unaware. 10 Tips for Great Telephoto Pictures
- Art...this could have 100 subtitles I think but just saying you are an artist makes you more interesting. Quick Beginners Guide for Drawing
- Sewing...make a quilt or sew a dish rag. Get the machine out and sew like crazy. 40 Sewing Hacks You Should Know
- Embroidery...the world is waiting for your next tablecloth or wall hanging. 19 Artists Creatively Pushing the Boundaries of Embroidery
- Upcycle...If you buy an old something and redecorate it, the world is your apple. What is Upcycling?
- Learn to Play Golf...that will keep you busy for at least 20 years. Online Golf Video
- Golf...if you have alway golfed, take lessons and find out how wrong you have doing it all these years. How to find a Golf Instructor
- Write a blog...join Blogspot, set up a blog and learn about that wonderful world of people you did not even know existed. How to write a blog...2018
- Learn to write computer programs...it might be fun and not that hard. How to Start to Learn Computer Programing
- Buy a new computer...if you are a PC user buy an Apple. You will have a whole new way to entertain yourself. New to Apple...support
- Volunteer to do something totally out of your comfort zone. Volunteer in 4 Easy Steps (overseas)
- Clean your house...over and over. A hobby worth doing. :) Easy Steps to Cleaning Your House in 1 Hour
Do you have a unique hobby?