Here are a few ways that I think you should go about doing this. First take a minute to reflect on the year that has gone by. Were you sick or needed some help from a friend or family member? Did someone take the time to stop by and visit on a rainy day? What about the small acts of being nice that happen every day? Can you remember someone that really made you feel special?
I know, you say thank you at the time but what about just going the extra mile to make someone feel like you felt on a Tuesday when a small gift came? How about we make this Christmas mean something more than it does.
- Have you received gift cards that you have not used? Pass them on!
- Gather up a few cards...birthday, get well, etc. and make a packet so the recipient will have them on hand later.
- Upcycle something you have. I spray painted an old flour sifter, placed a small plant in it and put napkins in the handle. Small gift, very little cost. But because I made it myself, it is very personal.
- Take the time to pass on a kindness and then write the person that gifted saying thank you and letting them know that they made a difference.
- I like the idea of passing the start from a plant I have to someone that will like it. It serves as a reminder that you were grateful.
- And last but not least, write a real note, put it in an envelope and mail it. I like that one best of all.
Thank you everyone for supporting my Amazon Associate account. If you order using the search on the side bar or any of the other links on this page, drop me a note at email@example.com. I will put your name in a drawing that I will hold in January sometime.
Merry Christmas everyone.
What a good idea - to pass along gift cards we haven't used. Thanks!ReplyDelete
There is actually a website that offers unused gift cards at a discounted price. I have used it. It is not particularly fast but it does work.Delete
The card I received had obviously been carried around in someone's purse or wallet for a very long time...it had a baby on the front but I didn't care. It is just one more way to get a discount on things people need but don't have the money to buy. Interesting huh?
What great ideas - and products. I love the ones that did not involve purchasing something as well - especially the greeting card packet. I would love to be a recipient of that idea and am excited about putting one or two together for someone I want to thank in the future!ReplyDelete
Eileen, I think we should all give something we would love to received. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. You are much appreciated.Delete