|Ice Ball Maker Mold|
- Everyone got t a gift, even the grandparents. It does not have to be big but the thought is very important.
- We shared our talents...I love to cook so I gave the ingredients for a favorite dish with a piece of cooking equipment to make it with plus the recipe. I even considered giving a coupon for my favorite hairdresser. We received a gift certificate for a photo setting from our professional photographers daughter-in-law and son. (@ABlissPortraits on Twitter)
- We didn't struggle with gifts for the little children. They may love toys but they also love toy accessories...a storage bag for legos, a addition dress for a doll or a diaper bag for the baby doll.
- I know that teens love lots of things because even though they are grown up on the outside, they are very young inside. I let them help me look-up what they want online and then ordered it and wrap it. Everyone is happy.
- We also surprised our teens. Those young people have interests that continue from them childhood. Lego Bionicle Advanced Level turned out to be a big success. We bought a music stand for our granddaughter to use when she practices her cello. She liked it a lot.
- We gave some unusual gifts that broke the Christmas mold. A bottle of booze is a good gift but even better is all the things necessary to make a favorite drink (mixer, rim salt or sugar, Ice Ball Maker Mold These are very trendy now.)
- Simple is better...my husband got socks which he actually needed. Pay attention or better yet shop with your parents/children/grandchildren for a bit and watch to see what they drool over. That is what I did.
- We were told that re-gifting is perfectly okay...explain why you wanted to pass on what you already have. We shared some of our treasures and our children loved it.
- I was allowed to help decorate for Christmas...I liked being included. (Adopt a theme or color scheme for your Christmas and follow through with it throughout the season.)
- We discovered that a party is better than a sit down dinner...keep it lite but make it fun. Fun was the best gift of all!
|Hot Lime Burlap Ribbon |
for a color coordinated Christmas
I know you have ideas because I am sure I have seen all of these somewhere else. Let me know if you can add to the list...I would like that.
What a good idea, to have an early Christmas!ReplyDelete
Some of our family had been together on Thanksgiving and it was similarly delightful. I am now texting my grandchildren to find out what they'd like as a gift. They answer my text!
My daughter calls that celebration this years First Christmas. The last Christmas will happen around New Years.Delete
We have a Marine Grandson so we treasure every holiday we get to have with him. Next year it may be a totally different story.
I am embracing the idea of celebrating "Christmas" in new ways since I also have a new retired life. Love the idea of scheduling Christmas around a date that everyone can gather.ReplyDelete