Yes, I did go out in public looking like this. It was my birthday so cut me some slack
I know there is more to life than owning a dog…but she sure is cute and keeps me happy. However I may be letting myself go because she loves me no matter what.
I looked in the mirror this morning. Imagine my surprise when an white haired old lady wearing a red plaid shirt and flowered pants returned my gaze. She had on teal green socks with black tennis shoes and her hair…oh my goodness.
I knew I had to come up with some excuses for my appearance just in case someone rang my door bell by accident. Heaven forbid that I should go make myself look decent. So after some thought and considerations here is what I came up with:
- I am so embarrassed. I had to get up very early this morning for a yoga class. I dressed in the dark.
- Oh I know I look at mess. All of my clothes are in the washing machine/dryer.
- I am waiting till later to shower so I put on what was handy.
- Sick…I feel ill.
- My glasses went missing.
- When I came to Arizona, I didn’t bring the right stuff. (So very true.)
- It is very cold and this is what keeps me warm…the truth so this one is very convincing.
- I just don’t care what you think. Come on in and lets drink wine.
- I lost my clothes. They have gone the way of all my single socks.
- Don’t look at me that way…I am old!!!