Amazon Best Selling BooksBest Books for 2010: Book Beast
Oregon Live regional and national best sellers in 2010
New Article on Senior Citizens and ebook readers: Will Senior Citizens Embrace E-book?
Finding just the right book in this day and age is very difficult. There are so many books on the market and I always think that perfect book is out there waiting on me. But it is very hard to choose. I have a tendency to love a certain kind of art on the cover. But like a beautiful lady, the cover does not reflect was is inside. When I shop in a books store I have to be careful of the beautiful covers. I instead try to be more selective. I buy...
- if a books has been recommended by two people I know, it is a winner. If a book has won prizes in categories I respect and enjoy. The Pulitzer Prize winners are evergreen in that they are good no matter when they were written.
- if a book is second hand and it is so worn it is almost falling apart.
- if a book is written by an author I have enjoyed before.
- if a book has been chosen as a featured book by the book sellers at my favorite book store.
- if a book is one that has been read by other readers with like tastes in reading. (I check on Amazon to see what other readers are reading.)
- if a book appears on more than one best books list.