The iPad allows me the option of reading and storing my magazines. Paper is kind of precious or that is what I think. Now I can read my magazines and not have piles under the table and on the table and in the drawer of the table. It is all good.
However, there are a few things I have noticed. While there are many magazines that can be downloaded using the magazine App, not all the magazine for the iPad are created equal.
- Take Country Living for example. This magazine has been one of my favorites for many years. I love the pictures and inspiration for country decor. However......this App gives you just a magazine and nothing more. You can turn the pages, enlarge the pictures to a point but that is about all. There is no scrolling the print down at all. If you enlarge a picture, you cannot see the print because it is not in a separate sidebar type of location. I had this experience with Oprah on my computer.
- On the other hand, I downloaded Real Simple Magazine this morning and I was delighted. The ability to see menus from each section of the magazine and pick which pages I wanted to actually view just blew me away. I know I am behind the curve here but still, I was impressed.
4 Free Magazine
Fat Wallet listed a few free iPad app magazines you may be interested in. I am downloading all of these.
- Slate Slate is a news provider of the sorts. It is not liberal or conservative...it is contrarian! That might be fun.
- Flipboard News feed
- Discover for Ipad A wiki magazine that could come in handy
- Website Magazine for Ipad If you are a techie or are in a small online business, this is may be what you need.
- Net-a-Porter Free magazine about style + shopping. (I like this one.)
- More...MacRumors forum has a wonderful list of free magazines you might check out.
I thought if I was expanding my horizons, you might as well join in. What do you know about my iPad that I should know?
Post a Comment
Leave your thoughts...I am interested.