10 Best Travel Application for a Smart Phone
If you are on the road like us, you know that your smart phone (my iPhone) can save your bacon....over and over. My husband and I just finished our journey from Oregon to Arizona. I know what a difference that device has made for us. Here are the 9 we used just on this trip plus one I want.
- Gas Buddy mobile app...this app can find you when you are on you phone. It gives you a list of gas stations that are nearby along with the price of gas. It can make a difference...for us it was $.20 per gallon. Over the length of a trip it is significant.
- Twitter mobile app...I follow local Twitter, keep in touch with people on the fly.
- Instagram App allows me to post photos to twitter and facebook. If you are a blogger, you know that being personal and up to date is important.
- Facebook mobile app...this one is for family more than anything. But I do have a lot of followers. Timing is important for twitter and facebook. Be sure to post when the most people are using the apps.
- FourSquare is a social app that will actually find deals in the area for you. We have scored free appetizers, desserts, etc.
- Around Me mobile app will tell you about places to eat and will list motels/hotels along with the rates they are charging. It has the information for connecting to online booking for the motel. It comes in very handy.
- Blogger mobile app...if you are a blogger, it is nice to be able to post a short post on the road. Blogger lets me do that with my iPhone.
- Yelp...this is a site that gives you the inside scoop on restaurants and entertainment. We like to use it when we are planning a special night out.
- MapQuest or Google Maps...I do not like getting lost. I try really hard not to have that happen. It can be difficult even with Map Quest or even a Garmin. How did we travel before we had those devices?
- PLUS: A Mobile Hotspot. This little function can be a lifesaver.
|Instagram edited photo|
|I want a barbque to tow behind our vehicle...or not!|