|Brayden with his 3-D glasses|
Then we remember that playing with the grandchildren can be as much fun for us as it is for the children. Mine are little and big, boys and girls, active and quiet. There is no perfect toys for these guys. I have to be very creative to keep them happy for an extended period of time. I have three things for you today...well maybe four. Who knows.
- Crayola 3-D Chalk: This is the best new play thing I have seen in a great while. After the child draws a picture they can look through the glasses and see their image pop into 3-D. My 14 year old granddaughter played with her little cousins on our drive-way yesterday. The little one scribbled and then watcher her draw. They would share the glasses to see the image in 3-D. I pulled up a chair to watch what would happen.
- A Paper Bag...sometimes it is the little things that children love. If you will give your grandchild a grocery bag with a handle and send them out into the yard on a treasure hunt they will create their own fun. Every stick and pinecone becomes a treasure to be shared. I pull up a chair to watch this one too.
- A metal box and magnets...the wonder of magnets never seems to wear out. I even found a paper doll toy with a metal box and magnetic clothes. My granddaughters were fascinated. I had to put my hands in my pockets because I wanted to help out and they didn't want me to interfere. I pulled up a chair and watched.
- Bocci Ball...my grandchildren and all the adults love to play bocci ball in the back yard of my daughters house. If you are a grandparent that has played bocci when you were snow birding you know how fun this game is. It turns out it is a game for all ages. I can play too...I don't even need a chair.
- Water and a Bucket and a cup....fill the bucket with water and pull up a chair. Watch the magic begin!
|Elena tracing Brayden with the chalk.|
Have a wonderful day.